Monday, November 26, 2007

Montreal Pet Care

New awning sighted cross the street from Antoinette's. Anyone know what this is?

Tell me it's not a direct competitor for Posh Paws, just a couple of blocks down from there....

Also, there's a sign on SoHa 118 indicating that a Chase branch will be opening soon.

An unsolicited suggestion to retailers: We really appreciate your efforts. But there's a MaMu on 116th and Fred, and clusters of banks at 116th/Lenox and 125th/Fred. Our pets already have nice things to wear and a vet. The human residents are looking for a green grocer, a bagel shop, an excellent pizzeria, Thai food, Japanese food, sit-down Chinese food, Indian food, a wonderful educational toy shop (Grandma's is great but not close enough to my house), stores that sell baby supplies (strollers, child-safety-hardware, furniture, etc.), indoor play areas without flashing lights and tons of artificial noise, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Okay: Rant over.

4 comments:

eddy portnoy said...

I don't know if there's any truth to it, but a Starbucks is allegedly slated to open in the Soha.

Unknown said...

Antoinette's is a lovely restaurant albeit a bit overpriced. Their dishes range for sirloin burgers to gnocchi. The owner is from Durban, S.A. originally. I checked out the place for dinner a few weeks back and was pleasantly surprised. I hope business picks up because my friend and I were one of only a handful of people there for dinner.

Uptown Mom said...

eddy - From what I've heard (on the harlemhome yahoo group), Starbucks has actually signed a lease, so that is a go. As recently as one year ago I would have been really psyched because I was nursing and couldn't find a decaf latte close to my house, but now I can (and am back on the caffeine anyway), so I'm kind of indifferent....

uche - I like Antoinette's! Good food, I like the BYOB policy, AND they were very nice to our kids. I have not posted a review because at the time they didn't yet have their highchairs (which they said they were getting), so I wanted to wait until after our next visit to post a review.

Francia M said...

Well said. More development will come, but practicality is a must with these small businesses opening up. What I would do for a baby depot that sells supplies....and of course, Thai!